Saturday, March 20, 2010

Oh my....

So this morning when I left Ethan with his dad while I ran a few errands this is what Ethan looked like (well minus the chocolate, that was from the pie we made for Abe yesterday)
Then when I came home I found Abe and Ethan in the bathroom and this is what Ethan looked like. Needless to say I was a little shocked.

In Abe's defense I had been threatening to shave his head for the last week. Ethan has picked up an awful habit from Taylor of twirling the hair on the crown of his head. Taylor does it while she is nursing and he started doing it when he is tired but now does it all the time. But when Ethan does it he twists REALLY hard and it makes the hair on the crown of his head stand straight up. Well this week I realized that he has been doing it so hard that he now has a bald spot in the back of his head and it is getting bigger. None of my techniques for getting him to stop have worked so I told him we would shave his head when daddy got back. He protested all week that there was no way he would have his head shaved. When I saw him willingly shaven I asked Abe how he convinced him. All it took was a promise of one piece of pie. I now know that this kid would do anything for pie.

We had been having some gorgeous weather these last several days so it has been wonderful to get outside for the first time in ages. Thankfully the warm weather stuck around until Saturday so we could enjoy it with Abe. We had a picnic and did some fishing. Oh life is so much better when I can get outside when the kids. I love it!




3 comments:

Leah said...

He looks SO DIFFERENT! I love the shaved head though. He is such a little stud. A piece of pie, huh? I love it!!!!

J and C Fish Family said...

Oh my goodness!! I think I would have cried! He has suck great hair and looks so cute with it. But you do what you have to do. I am threatening Jessica that I will cut off her thumb if she doesn't stop sucking it! ;) Mmmm, pie!
-Carol

Michelle said...

i like the buzz cut. he's so handsome!!!