Friday, March 5, 2010

Can you get more balance after you lose it?


Usually when we are riding anywhere I get bombarded with questions from Ethan. Often they are related to analyzing books or shows and he asks a million questions about why things happen. We have these books that are shortened versions of all sorts of Disney movies. Ethan has picked up on the fact that some pieces are missing and he wants me to fill in the pieces. The other day we were analyzing the book about Snow White. We went through all sorts of questions and then we got to the point where the Queen dies by losing her balance and falling off the cliff. So this is how the rest of the conversation went:
Ethan: So how did she lose her balance?
Me: She tripped.
Ethan: Did her balance fall out when she tripped?
(This is when I figured out that Ethan was a little confused.)
Me: No, balance can't fall out. It's just an expression. You know how Taylor doesn't walk very good. She doesn't have good balance.
Ethan: So is her balance smaller than mine?
Me: (having given up) Sure.
Ethan: So can I give her my big balance?
Me: Would you do that for her?
Ethan: Sure, but I can get another one right? Is you balance in your head or your body?

We will try to bring that topic up again some day. I love his inquisitive mind, even when it drives me absolutely crazy. He is always thinking about something. The video is of Taylor and her lack of balance.
The other day I was working very hard to clean the kids' room. They were playing and I had it looking great. I left the room for a few minutes to work on the office and this is the scene I returned to. Taylor had decided to unload everything in her dresser. Ethan had decided to join in the fun by adding every blanket and pillow he could find. They were both so proud of themselves.

So I have always been a fan of the photo editing where they take a B&W picture and add a little bit of color. I never knew how to do it though and we all know I'm cheap so I have never gone to a fancy photographer. So recently a friend mentioned using picnik.com to edit photos for free online. Probably everyone else has heard of this but I hadn't. So I have had fun editing some pics. If you haven't checked it out, you should.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

seriously, is the kid a genius? i think he might be! i love the pictures...i think i might have to check out that website.

Becca said...

Those pictures that you edited are adorable! I've stopped by there for a quick look, but I'm thinking I need to try it out soon. Adorable kids!

Leah said...

Love what you did with the pictures. That balance conversation is beyond great. I absolutely love it. Too funny.

Delaps said...

It would be fun for Ethan and Ellie to hang out. They could have lots of fun conversations together.