Thursday, April 10, 2008

Night lights





Last Saturday (the 5th) one of the clubs at school sponsored a 5K race to raise money for the American Cancer Society. So I decided it would be fun to run in it. I have been running on a regular basis because there is a pretty flat running/walking path between our building and Tech's football stadium. I have never been a fast runner but I do ok. There are however several really fast runners in my class that decided to run it also. In an attempt to keep my pride I thought it would be good idea to run and push Ethan. I know that you are looking at the picture thinking that it doesn't look to bad. Well only the beginning and end were paved (it started and ended in the same spot) the rest of the course was running through fields. The best part about it was that it was also full of hills. They weren't long hills but they were very steep. Oh and did I mention that it had been raining the week leading up to the race so it was also slick and muddy. Ethan did great until we got to the 2 1/2 mile mark and he wanted out of the stroller. At that point I am sure his teeth had almost rattled out of his head from the bumpy ride. All of that being said I finished in 30 minutes.


Now onto another story. I wish that I had a picture of this and maybe we can take one and add it later. Lately when Ethan is asked what mommy or daddy says he replies "no no no" which is very cute and funny. I am pretty sure that most kids go through this phase. The best part of this is that he has a night light in his room that he loves to pull out of the socket and play with. We however don't like him pulling it out and playing with it and tell him not to. Meredith was in our bedroom getting ready yesterday morning while Ethan played. Then she hears Ethan say "no no no" and then giggle. So she walks out of our room and there is Ethan standing with the night light. He then giggles and again runs into the guest room. What a character.

3 comments:

Troy-Laura said...

Way to go. Last summer I ran 4 5k runs. I need to get back to running for this year. You inspire me. Ethan was your support system, he didn't really want out he was just pushing you to keep going. Good Job!

J and C Fish Family said...

I am pretty dang sure I couldn't do a 5k. I have started working out at school, and after a mile or so, I am ready to walk, by the time I hit two I am done. So good job. Love the story about Ethan, it's crazy that I miss him when I have only seen him a handful of times. (Carol informs me its only twice.)

Becca said...

So fun to run with Ethan (maybe?). I could sure use a few runs but I'm afraid I might die. :) Brett and my brother are starting to train for the St. George marathon- pure insanity. :) It's so fun when the kids start talking. Ethan is just babbling but when we walk in the room he lifts his hand and makes a sound like "hi!" It's really cute. How's Meredith doing after the surgery?