Sunday, April 27, 2008

Our Spotted Leopard



So the other day we were getting ready to leave for a trip to North Carolina and I noticed a few spots on Ethan's legs. I didn't think much of it because we had been playing outside a lot lately and I just assumed he had gotten bitten by a bug or something. Right before we left I went to change his diaper and took off his pants and he was covered in spots. I took him to the doctor and they said it was an allergic reaction to penicillin. Thankfully he wasn't miserable but they looked awful. The pictures here are from Saturday and they looked even worse on Sunday when we went to church. We went back to our old ward and everyone just starred at his poor spots. Of course Sunday was the day that it spread to his face so there was no way to hide them. I assumed that everyone who looked at us was thinking what kind of a stupid mother would bring her child with chicken pox to church. Needless to say the other moms kept their children very far away. Of course Monday morning most of the spots were gone, just in time to finish our trip.
By the way, I added a picture of Ethan and his nightlight to the post below.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

poor little guy. was itching all over the place? so have you guys sold your house. it's probably kind of early to be asking that. i hope he's better. oh, and the picture of him pulling out the night light is funny. i especially love his hair!

J and C Fish Family said...

Okay, the hair looks like he got a little more than just the light from the socket. And his poor little spots. It looks so sad. At least it looks worse than it is. I can just see the moms at church ushering their children as far away as possible and scowling at you the whole time. Glad he is better.

Zeb said...

That is really sad, but it's a good thing that it's not too serious. I'm allergic to penicillin as well, I've always wondered what would happen if I took it... Maybe we'll come visit you guys at Halloween and Ethan and I can go trick-or-treating as lepors!

Becca said...

That looks awful! I'm glad he wasn't miserable. Glad to hear he is doing better!

Leah said...

Man how sad. He had so many spots. Good thing they went away soon! I can just picture the looks people were giving you with your baby! :)