Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Summer Fun







The weather here has been great so we have finally been able to enjoy the outdoors again. We took Ethan out for the first time in our canoe and we all had such a fun time. Ethan just needed a fishing pole to complete his look. For such a little guy he was great in the boat. He loved looking at all the birds and trees as we paddled through this lake at the state park near our house. I just wish I could have gotten some pictures of him in the boat but I wasn't brave enough to bring the camera out on the water just yet. Maybe next time.
On Friday I took Ethan to a park at a nearby river and as soon as Ethan saw it he kept saying "wa wa" which means water to him. He didn't stop saying it over and over again until I let him get out of the stroller to put his feet in the water. I think he has inherited his father's persistence. It's fun that he can finally get his point across for most things he wants. It makes life so much easier when we know why he is crying. Though when he is repeating the same phrase over and over again because you aren't giving him what he wants I think it was quite nice when he couldn't say anything at all. ~Meredith

3 comments:

Leah said...

So much fun. We went to SanLee park b/c it was nice yesterday too. YOu guys need a waterproof bag, I think we have one we use for diving to keep our clothes and towels dry, excellent investment. It's great you have a park so close. Oh yeah, the leopard pictures do not do Ethan's rash justice. I still think he makes a pretty cute leopard though. Maybe a Halloween costume next year? J/K

J and C Fish Family said...

Oh he is cute. I especially like the leg action Abe has going in the first pic. Ethan's a cutie also, jk. I am glad Meredith is posting, it is good to hear from both sides. Love and miss you guys.
Josh

Becca said...

Sounds like a fun day! We've had snow and rain and everything but warm weather, but we've finally had a couple days of nice weather so we're heading out for a walk! It's been a long cold winter with not much spring. :) I love Ethan's hat- he is so cute!