Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Valentine's Day

I guess I have once again gotten a little behind with the blog but we had such a fun Valentine's Day that I have to put the pictures in.  The kids remembered that last year I had made them a fun, heart shaped breakfast so the bar was set high.  This year Taylor had heart shaped french toast and Ethan had toast with an egg in the middle in a heart shape.  The kids were pleased and were surprised by the heart shaped sandwiches in their lunches.

The kids decided they wanted to make a dessert for their dad so we decided to do chocolate covered strawberries so they could do it "themselves".  We had a fun time and were pretty impressed with how good they turned out. 

We had a good laugh when later that afternoon a package was delivered for me from Abe and it contained chocolate covered strawberries.  Great minds think a like.  But we enjoyed them all.


Since Abe was working late that night and there was no chance of going out to dinner I decided to try my hand at making a steak for Abe, which is usually his favorite.  I am not one to cook red meat because I never seem to get it right but I gave it a try.  Ethan got lucky, since there were three pieces of meat in the filet mignon package and he got to be my guinea pig.  Yum, bacon wrapped steak.  Ethan was in heaven with his love of meat.  Taylor, my non-meat eater, even decided it looked good enough for a taste or two.
 
It was not a healthy dinner to say the least but I would have to say that mine was restaurant quality. 
Of course by the time I spent all evening putting this together and waiting until 8 to eat it I was exhausted.  So maybe going out is still the better option.
 


 Valentine's weekend was also when Ethan's school did their family sock hop.  Ethan had been looking forward to the dance for a long time and it was pretty cute to see all the kids playing and dancing together.  Ethan has the tough kid look down pat in this picture!


1 comment:

Toni said...

The meal and the dessert both look yummy!