Monday, February 2, 2009

Just an Update


So unfortutately I'm still very pregnant, as you can tell from the picture. I finally decided to give in and post a picture since I have only taken about 5 this whole pregnancy. I really had grand illusions of having our little girl by now but obviously she is quite stubborn. Several weeks ago the doctor said it could be any time so I think I got my hopes up. So it has been a long couple of weeks, especially with everyone at work telling me that they were sure I was going to have the baby immediately. At least now there is an end in sight. The doctor said he would induce me on Thursday morning if I haven't gone into labor by then. Part of me still has hope of her coming on her own earlier but I'll survive. Maybe she knows that we still don't have a name for her so she is holding out for a final decision. We have really been trying, including getting votes from everyone at my baby shower. Since one of my names won the vote at the shower I thought it would be a done deal but Abe didn't buy it.
My mom came into town to give me a hand and that has been very nice. Ethan knows that I'm too slow to catch him these days and uses it to his full advantage. We had been telling Ethan that grandma would come when the baby got her so when she showed up he kept looking for the baby. He is going to be a good big brother. He keeps bringing her toys and pushing them to my belly so she can play with them. The other day he said he "needed baby food" and then proceeded to push it at my stomach. He just might be a little disappointed when she doesn't come out ready to play and eat. The kids at Ethan's daycare are also fascinated with the fact that I have a baby in my belly. The other day when I went to pick him up one of them ask me if the baby had a bed in my stomach too. One of the other kids came with her mother to my baby shower. She was convinced that the baby would come out at the shower and was quite disappointed when she didn't. I'm sure everyone else was glad she didn't come at the shower.
We will keep you all posted after Thursday. Keep us in your prayers. ~Meredith

5 comments:

Michelle said...

you are cute pregnant! Your tiny all over except that belly...i hope one day i'll be that cute when i'm pregnant! love the stories about ethan! i hope that i get to see you guys soon...especially the new baby.

J and C Fish Family said...

What happened to the ticker? You know just a few more weeks and she could share my birthday!! Hahahahah! That is so what you want to hear, Meredith.
-Josh

Heather said...

I am thinking about you..... hope it goes smoothly tomorrow.

Amy said...

good luck tonight guys! (sorry i missed your shower... sat. turned into "one of those days" where everyone and everything fell apart (in public, no less...) enjoy your new sweet girl!!

Michelle said...

oh boy, today is the big day!!! can't wait to get the news!!!