Friday, June 13, 2014

Nine Months Old

I just can't believe how fast time has flown and continues to fly.  I can't believe how big my little baby is getting and how many new tricks she is figuring out.  I love to see her figure out new milestones and master new things.  It seems like I took these things for granted a little with the other kids but after seeing our foster kiddos and how far behind they were at some of the skills I have a new appreciation for the role we play in teaching them everything and helping them develop.



Brooklyn is her own little person these days with her own little personality.  She is not a big fan of baby food and pretty much refuses to eat it.  And even real food she is particular about.  Pretty much with every bite she will stick the tip of her tongue out and taste what is on the spoon before she will open her mouth all the way.  If she doesn't like what she tastes she will shake her head "no" and flap her arms around to make sure you get the message.  But when she does want to eat something she likes to keep food in both hands.  She will pick up a cheerio in the palm of both hands and then grab another with her fingers and eat that one.  You usually have to pry the remains from her hands at the end of a meal because she doesn't want to let them go.
I had my doubts that she would ever learn to really crawl because she thinks she is just going to walk but she has figured it out.  For the last several weeks she just wants to cruise or have someone hold her hands and walk around.  Neither of the other kids walked until they were 12 months old but I think she might beat them both unless she figures out how to crawl before we get to Yuma and hard tile floors.

She absolutely loves other kids and will wave hi at people to get there attention.  She is a mama's girl through and through but she flashes some big smiles when she sees her dad.  She doesn't want him to hold her but she sure does like it when he is around.  I think it is so interesting how good she is for him and how whiny she is for me.  They can be sitting in the playroom and she will be entertaining herself without any problem and then minute she hears my voice she will crawl over to me and whine and want me to help her stand.  It can be so frustrating.

Brooklyn is not a cuddly girl so I have to steal my snuggles when I can.  She usually grabs on tight when she doesn't want to get into her carseat so I try to leave a few minutes early to take advantage of them.  And I steal a few after she nurses during the night.  Any other time she wants to be facing away from me and seeing what is happening in the world.  She can't get enough of what is going on around her.  It can be very frustrating when she is trying to nurse somewhere and she wants to constantly know what is happening.  Her head peeks out every minute just to make sure nothing exciting is going on.

She has just started making kissing sounds and I love it so much much.  Those kisses melt my heart.  She has also started saying "ma, ma, ma" which is nice since she would only say "da, da, da" up until this month.  I don't know if she knows what she is saying but I love it anyway.


1 comment:

Michelle said...

She's such a sweet girl!