Saturday, July 17, 2010

Our Garden


So this year we planted our tiny garden again and I have to say that I just love having a garden. Thankfully here it isn't all that hot so I don't have to water it all the time and the weeds aren't out of control so there really isn't a lot of work. But it is so fun to go outside and see what has grown since the last time we checked. These veggies were from this week. Last year we made the mistake of planting just a few green bean plants and only about 4 green beans would be ready at the same time so usually I was too lazy to cook 4 green beans. I love to see Ethan so excited about the zucchini and checking for more veggies.
We decided to make some cheese crackers yesterday and Ethan was so excited about helping. He asked if we could take a picture of his crackers. I went a little overboard on the red pepper and after Taylor ate one she kept saying "hot, hot, hot".




So we have decided that Taylor is definitely OCD. This is a video of her with her baby. I started recording her because she is so adorable with her baby dolls. She totally has the "mom" rock going on as she tells her baby "sh, sh, sh". But they the time I got the camera the baby had gotten unwrapped and you can watch her try to cover the baby again and again to get it just the right way. She is such a sweetie.

2 comments:

Delaps said...

Wow, I was so far behind on your blog! It looks like you have had a great summer. I love your camping trip adventures. We are planning on camping when we get back up to Ohio and I hope it goes a little smoother. We are leaving NC soon and I am sad that we were not able to catch up in person (around Aug 9th).

Leah said...

What a doll. She is so adorable. That garden looks awesome! Way to go!