Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Airplanes!

Our ward has been doing some summer "field trips" that the various mom's plan and they have come up with some fun ideas. Usually I work on Mondays, which is when they usually do them, but this week I didn't have to work Monday so we could go. Taylor has recently become very interested in planes. We saw quiet a few planes flying near the lake when we went camping and every time she saw one she would yell "airplane" and then say "bye bye airplane". You have to hear her say it to get the full effect of how adorable her little voice is. But one of the mom's set up a tour of the local airport here in town and got in contact with this wonderful man that let the kids sit in and play with his little plane. He even took some of the adults up for a ride. The kids thought it was the coolest thing ever. Ethan was ready for a ride though I had explained on the way over that only the adults got a ride. He told me that if he couldn't ride then I couldn't ride. Taylor was just as bad about wanting a ride. She sat in the back sit and kept saying "buckle, buckle" until one of the other kids buckled her in and she didn't want to leave. I had to drag her out when our time was over and she kept trying to run back. I never knew that she would find it so amazing. Probably it is just another reason for her to try and demonstrate her temper in front of everyone. Her new phrase is "I da boss" if that gives you any indication of her temprament. She can be a handful, that's for sure.


Ethan always amuzes me with the things he comes up with. Here is our conversation from the car the other day.
E: So mom, you remember that I want a little brother and another n little sister right?
M: Yep, I remember.
E: So what kind of girl am I going to marry?
M: Hmmm... well she will probably be nice and smart and a good mom.
E: (with a very puzzle sound to his voice) I want a smart girl??
M: Yes, you definitely want a smart girl.
E: Oh yeah, We don't want one of those wrong girls. I'm going to have lots more kids then you have. And I'm going to have a mom to babysit my kids. And then I won't have to do any chores.
Where have I gone wrong? He cracks me up with the things that go through his head. Ethan has told me on several times that when he gets to be a dad he won't have to do any chores. Abe really doesn't like the fact that Ethan thinks he doesn't do anthing.

3 comments:

J and C Fish Family said...

How funny that Taylor loves planes! I would have totally thought that Ethan would have been the one to protest. I love that Ethan doesn't think he will have to do any chores when he grows up! I guess when you have a play lawn mower it isn't a chore to mow the grass.

Michelle said...

don't you worry. with a smart mommy like you, ethan is bound to figure out that smart girls are best!

Becca said...

That's so funny "I want a smart girl to marry?" Oh yes, Ethan you do!! I love that he thinks Dads don't do anything. What a cute little story. Hope you guys are doing alright.