Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring Break













We spent some time in the Smokey Mountain National Park and it was just beautiful. It would have been nice to be there when all the leaves were out or in the fall but it was still pretty. I love this picture of Taylor and Abe. She loves her daddy.









Below are some wild turkeys that were hanging out throughout the park. Ethan had big plans for getting a bow and arrow and catching one. Where does he get that from? Definitely not my side of the family.





































Ethan's favorite activity of the trip was the go-karts. He thought he was the coolest thing ever. I loved the look on his face when he would come around the corner. I never could quite catch the look as they sped by. He still talks about how fast he went.






































































That grin says it all!











































While we waited for Ethan to finish with the go-karts Taylor found her favorite spot. How could you not buy ice cream from this cutie? Taylor loves to wave and say "hi" or "bye bye". It is just adorable and strangers love it. Sometimes as we are leaving stores she will do her little beauty pagent wave and say bye to everyone we pass. She is so friendly.


















































Kennedy, in the sunglasses, is Taylor's favorite toy. Taylor loves babies but she especially loves Kennedy. She always wants to check on her, hug her and see her. Poor Kennedy takes the "love" pretty well.





















I think Ethan fights us on about 75% of all pictures we try to take. Sometimes we just give up.















We took a nice hike up to some waterfalls in the Smokey Mountain National Forest. It was a lovely walk but it would probably have been prettier when the trees have leaves. Ethan wasn't too happy with how cold it was near the waterfall. I think he was hoping for some swimming but it was really chilly. Abe got a real workout pushing both kids up the mountain.






















































































































On the last day of our trip we went to Dollywood amusement park. It was a cute park and they had tons of rides for the kids. We swaped kids with our friends so that we could all ride some of the rollercoasters. I was impressed with Ethan and Taylor for their bravery on the rides. Taylor had no problem on the teacups and even rode some rides with Ethan by themselves. They are just an adorable little couple sometimes. Abe took the camera with him while I had the kids on the ride so all the pictures I took were on my friend's camera so I haven't gotten them yet. If they turn out cute I'll post them later.






This is the last picture of the day. I think we all felt the same way. What a long day! It was fun though. I love seeing Ethan having such a good time. His enthusiasm is contagious. As always, the vacation was too short and we are once again back into the grind of having Abe out of town and life being busy. But Abe is enjoying this rotation and the doctor he is working with. I'm so proud of him! During a very busy day during this first week the doctor told Abe that he was really happy to have him helping him. I would guess that most medical students just add to the work that the doctors have so I thought it was a great compliment.



























5 comments:

Becca said...

Glad to see you guys are getting a break and having fun! Our spring break has mostly consisted of me cleaning out closets and rooms getting ready for the new baby. I'm sure my kids have just loved it. :) Glad to hear Cheyenne is doing well at work too and enjoying it- I'm sure that helps ease him being gone all the time (at least a little?)

Delaps said...

I loved your last picture. Sometimes that sums up a vacation with kids! Daryl and I went to Gatlinburg for our honeymoon. We could see Dollywood from our cabin above.

Michelle said...

wow! that was a marathon weekend. Looks fun. I can't wait til you come out to texas and we can all hang out together!

Zeb said...

What a great post. We really miss you guys. Way to go brother on the compliment from the boss. It's seems small, but little comments like that sometimes mean the world after all the crap you go through.

Zeb said...

"It seems" not "It's seems" sorry.