Wednesday, October 28, 2009

So Proud!


So today has been such an exciting day. Abe found out that four months of studying paid off and he passed the boards! I am so proud of him. He was a little worried after he took the test so we have been not so patiently waiting to hear the results. What a relief! He has had a great month starting his rotations and getting into being at the hospital. I know he will hate this but I'm going to brag on him a little bit. Last week, I think, he was helping the doctor in the operating room. The doctor was letting him do some parts of the procedure. Once they were finished and the doctor had left the room the nurse told Abe that the doctor had never let a medical student do that before. I have always know that Abe would shine once he got to the hands on part of medical school so I am so excited for him.



You guys will have to bare with me with all these random video posts. Taylor is growing and changing so much and I feel bad that Abe misses out on all the fun things. So these are for him. I was in the kitchen today, while periodically checking on Taylor to see what she was up to. I saw her trying to pull herself up for the first time by herself. So I grabbed the camera and was able to capture the moment when she finally got herself up. Being the good mother that I am I stopped filming before she crashed to the ground (actually she sat back down pretty gracefully). I love seeing all the new things she can do. She is so close to "really" crawling but gets around quite well with her little army crawl. Today she was rocking and picking up one arm and then the other. But she just can't figure out how to get it all together.



Today Ethan used his new favorite phrase "Mom, can you do me a favor?" I think he got this from my mom or maybe the babysitter says it. But it often is followed by something kind of annoying like "Can you do me a favor and not make a mess when we get home?" That would imply that he actually cleans up messes that I make. Even when I agree to do whatever favor it is he asks of me it is sometimes followed by a doubting tone and "do you promise mom?" Oh if only he actually did all the things I asked instead of just memorizing them and using them against me. Thanksfully even with the long weeks I can still find the humor in that little boy.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Congratulations Chey!!!! That is awesome! No more worrying about that...must be a good feeling. I can't wait to see you guys! Seriously, it makes me so happy when I think about holding Taylor. Wish it could come a lot faster!

Amy said...

yay!! congrats guys! way to have all that behind you now and able to look toward the next one... (sorry to rain on that parade...;-) )

Zeb said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That has got to be a very good feeling. Very well done. Our family is so proud of you. Keep up the great work... Like your wife said, you're really going to shine now that you're to the hands on part. It's those mad concrete skills coming through.

Becca said...

Congrats! Congrats! I've been thinking about it, but not wanting to pester you guys for the results. :) I'm so happy for you and glad to hear you're having so much success! Merideth- glad to hear you're finding humor in the kids while he's gone. Sometimes that's the only thing that gets me through long days. :) Ethan and Taylor are so darn cute it shouldn't be too hard. :)