Sunday, October 4, 2009

Our New Adventure Begins


So this week Abe left for his first rotation and another chapter begins. Needless to say it will be a challenge since it starts the first of 3 months that he will be gone at least Monday through Friday and some weekends. I'm not looking forward to single parenthood either. But we are so excited for him to be able to start 3rd year and be one step closer to being done. And so far we are surviving just fine. And Abe is doing great in his rotations. He is doing OB-GYN so he has been delivery babies all week. We are so proud of him! Keep him in your prayers as he takes the boards next week and we will be so excited when that is done. Then maybe we will get to see him on weekends.

Ethan and Taylor are both doing great. Ethan spent a couple of days with my parents a few weeks ago so I could get some projects done around the house. Ethan had a blast with all the attention. My mom called me with lots of great stories about things Ethan had said. We definitely missed the funny things he says. He sat down outside the door to the bathroom and when my mom asked him what he was doing he said "Just making sure you don't get into anything." I love when you hear your words coming out of his mouth.

Though we missed him it was nice to have more free time and the ability to get things done. Mainly we got a lot of painting done and we moved Taylor and Ethan into the same room. I like all the change and Ethan and Taylor have been doing great together. Ethan does end up in Taylor's crib many nights. Just now I was interrupted by Taylor crying and found Ethan and his blanket in bed with Taylor. He was totally asleep. We are going to have to break him of this habit somehow. But overall they have been so good in the same room.

We went to the pumpkin patch this week and Ethan had a great time with the pumpkins, petting zoo, and hay ride. He has no fear of the animals and was all about sticking his hands in to touch them all. Even Taylor didn't seem to mind the animals getting close. I would sometimes forget that she was in the backpack when I turned around and she was up close with the animals.
Ethan is obsessed with being a pirate for Halloween and he has a pirate sword from his costume that practically doesn't leave his hand. Well unless Taylor finds it first because she loves it as much as he does. And she loves to stick her tongue out also. I find it adorable because I'm used to Ethan's tongue that doesn't stick out. We took some family photos at my mom's house and Taylor's tongue was out most of the time for the pictures.


Taylor loves finger foods. This was a picture from her first attempt at eating cereal. She would get so excited when she got them between her fingers and figured out how to get them into her mouth. It's nice to have a way to distract her when I need to get stuff done.

So Ethan's new favorite toy is a rope swing that Abe put up under the back porch. He watched a movie where the pirates were swinging from a rope swing so that is all he wants to do. This little video is Ethan once he discovered on his own how to climb up the playhouse and swing off. We are waiting for the day that this little trick lands us in the emergency room.

5 comments:

J and C Fish Family said...

That is awesome! At least he hasn't figured out how to climb on top of the play house and do it even higher. One day we will have to do a post to compete with Ethanisms. Even with three kids talking, I don't think we could compete.
Josh

Michelle said...

As usual, with all videos of Ethan, I can't stop watching. He's so adorable!!! And I can't believe how much Taylor looks like you Meredith. Such a pretty baby!

Becca said...

I've been thinking about you guys, wondering when the new schedule madness began. I'm glad to hear you're surviving so far. Brett's been in Portland all week and trying to imagine him doing it all over again next week makes me a little sick. Good luck with the boards! Can't wait to hear how it goes. The kids are too cute, as always! I'm jealous you had a weekend to get stuff done. I'm trying to get the boys rooms done and can't find a minute to paint. Maybe I should ship them off to my parents. :)

Zeb said...

Classic Ethan! What a character. Maybe Taylor is just trying to keep up with Ethan with that tongue thing.

KateMarie said...

Oh wow! What a schedule to keep up with Meredith! You are superwoman in my eyes! Someday I will be calling all of my girlfriends asking advice I'm sure! Thanks for paving the way! Good luck to Abe...so very proud of him! I think about you guys often and wait anxiously for Ethan stories :)