Friday, March 27, 2009

And She Finally Smiles


This is a picture of our serious girl's first real smile, that was not caused by gas. Abe was playing with her with the horse and she thought it was pretty funny. By the time I snapped the picture it looked a little less like a smile but still cute. And since then she has given us many more. Ethan loves to try to make her smile, usually by making this awful "silly" face that he makes. It never works, cause really its just scary looking, but he still tries.






And though it may not be a smile the pouty lip was still pretty cute. You know it won't be long until she can talk her dad into anything with that look.



And no post would be complete without some pictures of Ethan. These days he loves being a cowboy. He was originally wearing a tupperwear container on his head like a hat while he rode his "horse". But we have since upgraded to a hat of Abe's. And no we will not be adding any Wranglers or boots to the ensemble.



This is a picture of Ethan after he ate his first chocolate chip cookie. I found some chocolate chips that he can have and so I made him some cookies. He was a huge fan of the warm chocolate, which he managed to get everywhere.


Ethan loves to have his picture taken with Taylor. He is adorable with her. Today he was sitting on the toilet and Taylor was downstairs crying. He kept yelling "It's okay pretty girl". He is always very concerned when she cries.

And back by popular demand, I added a video of Ethan singing the beloved classic, well at least at our house, The Ballad of the Green Beret. I'm sure other kids bedtime songs have lines like "fearless men that jump and die" also. And Ethan likes to add in sound effects of guns. He is such a boy.


7 comments:

Michelle said...

oh! i love the smiles. she looks so much like you meredith! so adorable. and i love how much ethan likes to take care of her. what cute babies you guys have!

Becca said...

Oh my gosh your kids are so cute I want to eat them up. I love Taylor's smile as much as I love her scowl! Don't you want to come visit this summer? I need to hold that baby!

The Ziegler Family said...

Meredith, those pictures and that video are just adorable. Your kids are getting so big.

Becca said...

I can't believe Ethan's performance. Probably one of the cutest things on the internet right now, don't you think? Sounds like he belongs at Fort Bragg. And little Taylor is smiling already. What a cutie. Meredith - are you making any more dresses right now? I must say that you've inspired me to finish Leah's dress that I started back when she was first born. Almost done!

J and C Fish Family said...

I laughed my head off at Ethan's sound affects. I love to see him sing. He is so cute as is Taylor. You two have beautiful children.
-Carol

Leah said...

What a cute little boy. We miss you guys. Let us know how school is going and when you're ready for us to come out.

Leah said...

By the way, I forgot to tell you how ADORABLE Taylor is. What a beautiful baby. I just love it when they start smiling.