Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Great Thanksgiving

We had a wonderful visit to Utah over Thanksgiving. Ethan hasn't stopped talking about it all week. He can't figure out why we don't get to play with his cousins or see Papa any more and mom isn't nearly as exciting. The highly anticipated trip was everything Ethan had hoped for. We have been telling him for months that grandpa had a digger, and with his obsession for construction equipment he couldn't wait. He probably would have spent the whole week outside if given the chance. Luckily for everyone the weather was pretty good so no one had to freeze to death while keeping an eye on him. I have no doubt that he would have been out there rain or shine. At least twice a day he talked Abe or dad into taking him up on the hill to drive the digger.

Ethan also quickly discovered the swing set and toy dump trucks in the sandbox. We are still trying to get the sand out of our shoes and suitcases.

Ethan still wants to know where Tuff and Gator are. As an animal lover he had a blast playing with the dogs and riding the horses.



The Bean Museum at BYU had a little reptile show. Ethan just wanted to hold the animals and didn't want to listen to the man talk about them so we didn't make it for much of the show.


It was so nice to spend some time with the family. We don't get out there nearly enough so it was great to chat with everyone and see all the kids. We missed seeing everyone else who didn't make it into town and we wish we could come at Christmas to see more of the family. We miss all of you and can't wait to see you all again soon. ~Meredith




6 comments:

J and C Fish Family said...

Wish we could have been there. Oh well, at least you guys had a good time. And out of curiosity,did you mean to take the picture while the horse was peeing?

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

You will have to ask Abe about the horse because I didn't take the picture. Of course I posted it and never even saw that. Thanks for pointing it out for everyone! ~Meredith

Meredith and Abe Fish said...

I noticed it after I had taken the picture, I had taken others where I think that I had cropped that out but I don't know if they were as good.

Becca said...

I still can't get over how cute and smart Ethan is. I'm so glad we had a chance to hang out- I look forward to seeing you guys every year and wish it could happen more often. Hope you have a great Christmas- p.s. will you email me your address so I can mail a card? All our stuff is packed away. :)

Leah said...

That is so fun you guys got to go to Utah. I wish we were going to be there at the same time!!!! Ethan is getting so big. He is such a handsome little boy!

Zeb said...

That's right, expose that kid to construction at a young age and he'll want to go to school for the rest of his life just like his dad!
I guess I don't have to worry about that, I'm having all girls. Can you just see Claire turning out to be a construction junky and running a loader for a living!