Monday, September 15, 2008

Do you know what today is?

If any of you have closely monitored your calendars you will know that today is September 15 but also the day we found out the sex of Baby Fish #2. So would anyone like to take a guess? Though the baby did not want to cooperate for most of the ultrasound in the end it let us have a little peek. And we are having a girl! We are happy to say that we have not broken any traditions in either of our families by having more than one boy in a row. We are very excited and nervous at the same time. Just when you get comfortable with raising a boy you get handed a little girl.

Sorry we have no adorable pictures or creative announcements. I had to leave town after the ultrasound for a work related trip so there was no time for anything fancy. So feel free to send some good advice to Abe on raising a girl 'cause I think he is more worried about this than me.

love,
Meredith

9 comments:

J and C Fish Family said...

WOOHOO!!!. It's to bad that she will be the only one (Zeb doesn't have a choice, they have to follow our lead). Congrats. Girls are great, and I am sure she will have Abe wrapped around her little finger in a heart beat.
-Josh

J and C Fish Family said...

I wish that I could describe my excitement!!!!!! Yaaaaa! I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! How lucky she will be to not only have two great parents, but a wonderful big brother as well. Congratulations!! Abe, don't worry. If you're going to worry about anything though, worry that she'll grow up way too fast. You'll both do great!! Yaaaay!

Leah said...

Carol texted me and asked if I had checked your blog. I was at the park and dying to get home. My text response was FYI: I think it's a girl!!!! WAHOOO! I am SO incredibly excited for you I can hardly stand it. Girls are so much fun and you two will be great raising her. And who is Abe kidding, he is a pro with all of his nieces, he is GREAT with girls. CONGRATS!!!!!! I am so happy for you guys.

Michelle said...

I am so excited. Maybe it's my OCD, but I have this freakish need for balance. I love it when things go boy, girl or girl, boy (sorry to my brothers who have struggled with that!). Anyway, both of you are going to love it. Girls are great! Not that I know too much about raising kids...but being a girl and all, I think I know something about girls. We are pretty darn great!!! Congrats!

Amy said...

yea!!! i am soooo excited for you guys!!!!

KateMarie said...

Congratulations!!!! A daughter is JUST what Abe needs....lots of them! :)

Becca said...

I'm so excited for you guys! I have to admit, I'm laughing a little right now. Chey- your going to be a great dad with a girl but heaven help you all when she gets in high school. Might be time to get a taste of your own medicine. Ha. ha. I'm kidding- I think it's great- it'll be so fun to have one of each! Something I aspire to someday. :)

The Ziegler Family said...

Congrats on having a girl! We know all about them and they are so fun. If Abe needs moral support he can call RJ. He is an expert at raising girls! -Shannon

Teri B. Clark said...

I'm really happy for you!!!!!! You both will do a fine job raising a girl. I had a boy then a girl, and it appears that Kimberly turned out just fine! (as well as Rebekah and Katherine!)