Saturday, March 15, 2008

Ethan's animal sounds

We have been wanting to upload this video and share it with everyone. Ethan has learned how to make animal sounds and it is so cute. He is a very smart boy and can usually pick up a sound after hearing it only a couple of times. We hope that you enjoy.

On to another note. Meredith had her surgery and it went great. For those who didn't know after having Ethan, Meredith noticed a small lump in her neck, after having the doctor look at it and running some tests it turns out that because of this lump she had hyperthyroidism. She has been on medication to control it for the last year. We found out that the lump was a benign tumor which we are thankful for. She is an amazing woman. She has been so great about it. I haven't been able to help to much so her mother came and stayed with us for the surgery and then took Meredith and Ethan to Richmond to take care of both of them there. This has allowed me to study for a midterm which is going to be a beast and I am very greatful for her mom to do that for us. With them being gone I have realized how much I need and miss them. I love watching Ethan and seeing him play and laugh. I have really missed Meredith and all that she does for our family. I am a lucky man.

9 comments:

Zeb said...

That is pretty freakin' adorable! He is a smart kid. I swear that reading with your kids is probably the best thing you could ever do for them. Plus, when parents read with their kids I think it really shows how much they care about them. So obviously you care a lot about your little boy.

Michelle said...

so cute! i love how he responds immediately. it is actually one of the best things you can do for them. so much of their cognitive ability in language comes before they reach puberty...so the more you read and interact, the better off they are. it's sweet that you read with him.

Todd Miller said...

Wow, you do have a smart little kid there. It's good to be able to keep in touch through the internet. I am glad that Mer is doing OK. You guys will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Leah said...

Abe, it's so nice to hear a husband aknowledge how lucky he is, I think Mer is pretty lucky herself:) I just love that boy, what a cutie. We don't leave until July so we definitely have time to get together. Good luck on your midterms, enjoy the quiet, I'm sure Rand wishes he had that more often. Meredith, we're thinking of you and glad your surgery went well. Take care guys, We'll talk to you soon.

Becca said...

So cute! My favorite is how is little cheeks move when he makes the sounds- makes me want to give them big fat kisses! :) Glad Meredith's surgery went well- I hope things will get back to normal again soon. You guys will be in our thoughts!

Leah said...

I LOVE it. The tiger was my favorite. He is such a cute little boy. So much personality. Man he's adorable. he performed very well! ;)

Leah said...

WEll, I guess I get am F for knowing what's going on. And especially since I just watched the clip and didn't even read the post. I am so glad that everything went well with the surgery. I bet you miss them a ton. She is a wonderful person and yes, you are lucky. Of course, she didn't do too bad herself! ;)
Glad all went well.
We love you guys.

Zeb said...

Sorry about my wife's last post. I'll try to keep her from hitting on you in the future.

J and C Fish Family said...

A little while ago Michelle made a vailed threat that she was going to kidnap our kids. I gotta say, if our next one isn't a boy, I might be taking Ethan. So cute. And of course we are glad to hear that Meridith is doing well. I was going to write an angry email that you hadn't posted on her surgery (I found out from Mom a little in advance) and then I checked and it was there. Loving the blog thing.