Friday, September 28, 2012

Crushes - Round 2

I was really starting to believe that maybe Ethan wasn't going to be as girl crazy this year as he was last year.  After having his heart broke on a daily basis by one particular girl in preschool I hoped he had learned his lesson.  He hadn't mentioned anything about any particular girl but I had started realizing that most stories from school mentioned either Piper or Gisselle but I just assumed they both sat at his table.  Finally one day last week on the way home from school he started talking about the girls again and he said "Okay I admit it. I like Piper and Gisselle."  I said "So you think they are nice friends and you like playing with them." To that he responds "Yes, but I LIKE (with his eyes getting bigger) them too."  He decided he wasn't going to tell anyone how he felt so that he wouldn't get his heart broke like last year and none of the boys would tease him.  Today he told me that Piper had made the shape of a heart with her hands and put it on his forehead.  He quickly asked her if that meant she liked him.  She said no (because really what kindergartener needs to be liking boys).  So to me sighes and says "Now I just don't know what it means."  And I hope he doesn't figure it out.  This Piper girl is too cute and will definitely break his heart.

Taylor, of course, can't be left out of the crush action this year as well.  She has often talked about a boy in her class.  We hear about what his favorite color is or what snacks he will or won't eat.  This week I heard her tell Ethan "Do you know why I always sit by Keaton at circle time?"  Ethan ignored her but she continued "Because he is little and cute and I like him!" I don't know about the "little" part but it cracked me up. Today in school the teacher gave each student a little book with pictures and statements about each of their classmates.  I was finally able to figure out which one was Keaton and boy is she going to be trouble too.  He looked like a future bad boy with his little mohawk.  In his little statement about him that the mother probably wrote he said something like "I am faster than Superman and I'm stronger than Ironman".  Ethan rolled his eyes and said "Yeah right" when we read it (already not liking any guy Taylor is into).  Taylor looks at him very serious and says "No really, he is!"  Oh if only I could be a fly on the wall of their classes and see how they all interact.  It is a little scary how her little face lights up when she talks about him and she is only 3! It does keep life interesting to hear their stories of elementary and preschool drama.

4 comments:

Laura said...

That's is sooo funny!!! And I can just hear Ethan's voice saying that too!! Grant doesn't even know any of the girls names at preschool!!

J and C Fish Family said...

I know it sucks for you as the parents, but I really enjoy hearing about their "serious crushes".
At least you know that they are both playing for the right teams. Right???
Love and miss you guys.
-Carol

Michelle said...

I remember my crushes when I was little. Oh that was good times :)!

Toni said...

Too funny!