Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Ethan's Date Knight


Ethan saw a flier in Chick-fila with a Knight on it and wanted to know what it was about and I explained to him that they were having a Mother-Son Date Knight with a play on the word Knight. He thought that was the coolest idea ever since it somehow had to do with knights. So Ethan and I decided we would have a date night and we had a blast. Chick-fila really went all out on this one. You had to register in advance and when we got there we got our picture taken. Then we were seated at our table by a “waitress” who promptly took our drink order. They had decorated the whole back area of the restaurant with some paper that looked like stone walls and each table had a shield/family crest to decorate and some questions you could ask each other for conversation. There were even carnations for our dates to give to us. It was so cute but the most fun was seeing Ethan taking the whole “date” very seriously. I told him he had to dress up since it was a date (since Abe rarely dresses up for dates I thought I needed to start training him early). When he saw one of his friends from school wearing a spiderman t-shirt he was quick to point out that I had made him dress up. Even though he complained he was quite a gentleman on the date. He insisted on opening the car door for me when I got in and out and holding my hand while we walked. He can be so sweet. His sweetness factor might have gone down once he was given the balloon sword and continued to swordfight with his friend from school in the booth behind us but there was no stopping those two. What a fun time we had being together and hanging out. I love those moments and I love that not so little boy.

3 comments:

Toni said...

What a fun idea. I bet he had lots of fun.

Laura said...

That is so sweet!! How fun!! And good job training him early! Even though they will grow up to be men, its the women who train them right! :) Great job!

Michelle said...

Adorable!