Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Ballad of the Green Beret

I have a great story to tell about Ethan and his night time routine. But first a little background information. Meredith is in Atlanta this week doing some training for work. I am in my final week of class for school this year so in order to make both of our lives easier her mom agreed to watch Ethan for the week. In order to stay consistent Judy (Meredith's mom) asked what his normal night time routine is. We normally read one story, say a prayer, and then as I am putting him down and turning out the lights I sing him the Ballad of the Green Beret. Judy of course didn't know this song. So they looked it up on the web. It played the song and had an animated soldier throwing hand grenades and shooting a rifle. http://www.brownielocks.com/balladofthegreenberetsWAVE.html Ethan heard the song playing and came into the room saying "Daddy, Daddy, Daddy". So cute. Then he saw the animation and pointed at it and said the same thing again. Finally when the song finished he said "night, night". If that wasn't the cutest story ever Meredith called on Monday to find out how Ethan was doing. Judy told her that Ethan has been taking her by the hand and walking her to the computer and saying "Daddy, Daddy" to get her to play the song again. This happened at least twenty times. He is the cutest little boy.

6 comments:

J and C Fish Family said...

that is the sweetest story ever. So dang cute.
Love you
Josh

Michelle said...

That is so sweet! I love him. Can't wait to see you guys. Just a few weeks away!!!

Becca said...

What a sweet story! Nothing like hearing/seeing that they are actually paying attention to how much you love them, to make you see how much they love you. Makes your heart hurt a little, if you know what I mean. I hope you guys are enjoying your summer! Good luck with finals!

Amy said...

ahhhh... the things we teach our kids:-) van is totally into the scrubin youtube video right now... so innappropriate:-) tell meredith: i like the name ann also, but we cant use it bc john will call her carrie-ann if we do... he alwyas shortens my kids names:-/
is it a long week wo ethan??

Todd Miller said...

That sounds like a great bedtime routine. I thought I should try it with our kids, but I couldn't find anywhere on the internet "the ballad of the Male Nurse." I guess I'll just stick to stories.
Todd

Leah said...

I absolutely LOVE that story. I'm so glad you shared. Man he is a cute kid. I'm sure you had a perma grin about that story.
How was the end of school. Are you really off for the summer?